If there was a one in all beauty remedy, then it’s coconut oil. You might have heard your grandma singing praises for this wonderful ingredient that provides a complete care for your hair and skin. Celebrities too swear by the amazing benefits of this miracle ingredient that is often underrated. Simply put, it’s the easiest way to get lustrous hair and beautiful skin in minutes. Use it as a moisturising agent, hair mask, makeup remover, homemade lip scrub, and several ways to glow. Get organic (virgin) coconut oil to reap the benefits. Let’s discuss about top 10 DIY beauty hacks of coconut oil.
- As a conditioner: Does your hair feel rough and dull? No worries, apply lukewarm coconut oil to your hair and leave it overnight before shampooing. If you can’t wait that long, just message with lukewarm coconut oil and wrap a warm towel on your hair for an hour or two. Shampoo your hair and you will the shine.
- Dandruff remedy: Did you know that coconut oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties? This is why this is an excellent remedy for scalp problems including dandruff. Massage it onto the scalp and leave it overnight or as long as you can before washing thoroughly to get healthy hair and scalp.
- Gum in hair: Apply coconut oil and let it soak for a few hours and the sticky gum will come out.
- Hair strengthening mask: Use 3 tablespoon lukewarm coconut oil and mix one beaten egg to it. Mix well and apply it to your hair. Cover with a shower cap for an hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo. Not only it will prevent breaking, but also treat split end problem.
- DIY scrub: Take some coconut oil and mix sea salt to it to make your body scrub. Use this homemade scrub to get rid of flaky skin.
- Moisturising agent: You don’t have to add anything else, just plain coconut oil will do the magic. It’s a superb moisturiser and gives a shiny looking skin. Just apply it all over your body after shower while you are still wet and your skin will become super soft.
- Cuticle remedy: Cracked cuticles get healed over time with a regular application of coconut oil balm made by mixing a cup of jojoba oil to a cup of coconut oil, 20 drops of juniper essential oil, 20 drops of cypress essential oil and 10 drops of lavender essential oil. Apply it on to the affected area and leave overnight.
- Mask for flaky skin: Beat one egg until frothy and slowly add ½ cup coconut oil and 1 tablespoon honey beating continuously until it attains the consistency of mayonnaise. Allow it to rest in freezer overnight. Take it out and cut a small portion to apply directly on your face. Put rest of the mixture in freezer. Wash your face with lukewarm water after 5-10 minutes.
- Lip balm: Plain coconut oil has amazing moisturising property that takes good care of lips. Use it directly on your lips for hydration.
- Mask for dark patches: Use juice of one lemon and mix it with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Apply this mixture to dark elbows and knees to get rid of darkness.
In fact the goodness of coconut oil goes beyond that. You can also use it as the makeup remover, deodoriser, and in other beauty treatments to unlock many beauty benefits. There are several beauty hacks with coconut oil that are being followed since ages.